Failing to meet the Network Requirements can be one or more of the following reasons:
- Mac OS X System Software is out-of-date
- For instructions on how to update Mac OS X click here.
- Antivirus is not installed
- All University Mac machines should have Symantec Endpoint Protection installed. If not, contact the ITS4U Help Desk.
- Personal Computers
- All non-university Macs can install any Antivirus software they like. We recommend Avast as a free supported solution. Once installed, update the virus definitions. Avast install instructions can be found here.
- Antivirus is installed, but virus definitions are out-of-date
- Open your antivirus application and click "Update" or "Update Definitions".
(For updating SEP for University Machines here.
(For updating Avast for Personal Machines click here.
Once you have resolved your network registration failure, you will need to click the "Rescan" button in the Bradford Dissolvable Agent verify that you meet the network requirements.
Any University machines with Mac OS X 10.6 or earlier must be brought to the ITS4U Help Desk to update or be removed from circulation as those operating systems are no longer supported by Apple.