This article will walk you through setting up your Student Gmail account (@student.fairfield.edu) for the Mac Mailapplication your Mac OS X computer.
Please note that if the steps below do not match what your computer has, then please update your computer to the latest version OS X.
Be aware that Mac Mail is not a supported application by ITS and support/assistance is limited.
- Open the Mail application on your computer
- If you haven't setup any other accounts in the app, you should be prompted with the selections below, select Google. If you already have an account setup, go to Mail, Accounts,and select Google.
- Enter your Student Email Address
- You will then be directed to the my.Fairfield login page, enter your NetID and Password, then click Login.
- Select the apps that you would like to use with your Student Gmail account, then click Done.
- It will take approximately 1 -2 minutes for the emails to populate and fully synchronize with the application.
Student Gmail Info
Update your Operating System to the latest version of OS X if the above steps do not match on your computer.