Android Mobile Printing
Android Printing involves attaching the desired file for printing to an email application and sending the document via email to email@example.com. Different applications may require slightly different steps to create the attachment to an email. Below are two common examples one might experience trying to print from Android device.
Directions for Mobile Printing in Microsoft Word for Android
- Open the Microsoft Word app. (Process would be the same for other Office applications.)
- Find the document you would like to print
- Select Share via the appropriate menu for your application
- Select "Share as attachment" option.
- Select either "Document" or "PDF"
- Select your the email application used to access your @fairfield.edu (Exchange) email
- Put “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the "To:" field
- There is no requirement to enter text in the "Subject" field
- Select the Send button. Please see instructions for Secure Print on Canon MFP’s to retrieve your print job.