Faculty Success (formerly Digital Measures) is Fairfield's Official Faculty-maintained application for capturing Personal CV Information which is then used to populate Faculty Profiles.
Faculty Profile Data Refresh Cycle
Faculty Profiles use data from Faculty Success which gets updated with Workday and Banner data three (3) times a year; prior to the Fall, Spring and Summer terms. Any changes in Banner or Workday made between semesters will not show up on a Faculty Profile until the next update/semester.
Last Update: September 2022
Next Update: January 2023
Faculty Profiles are specific page generated by the data from Faculty Success (formerly Digital Measures) and can be found by searching facultyprofile.fairfield.edu.
Faculty Listings are departmental listings of faculty members located on fairfield.edu. These pages are managed by marketing.
Follow these steps to update and make your Faculty Profile is visible and accessible from www.fairfield.edu.
To Log Into Faculty Success
Visit my.fairfield.edu, log in with your Fairfield Net ID and current password, then search for and choose the Faculty Success Task.
Manage Activities Homepage
You will be logged into your personal Activity Insight Manage Activities homepage. While navigating the site, you may click Manage Activities at any point to return to this homepage.
Accessing Your Information
From the Manage Activities homepage, you may click on any category to expand your related personal information.
If it is your first time using Activity Insight, please check each category to confirm the accuracy of its contained information. In many cases, the Faculty Success (formerly Digital Measures) staff handled your initial data entry so you may need to correct inaccuracies and add omissions yourself.
Information belonging to “locked” fields has been extracted from Workday and/or Banner and is managed by the Human Resources department. Contact them (email@example.com) if there are inaccuracies in locked field.
Adding & Editing Information
You may add entries to any itemized categories, like Work History, by clicking the + Add New Item button.
You may edit an existing entry by clicking on its listing.
Most itemized entries can be edited. Make sure to Save and changes/additions you make.
If Original CV Data is available for an itemized entry, it means Faculty Success’ staff cited exactly where they pulled your CV information from. It’s a reference, nothing more.
Uncategorized CV Records
In some cases during the data entry, CV information didn’t quite fit an Activity Insight field. (Non-Fairfield teaching, for example.) If your CV included uncategorized information, you may find it by returning to the Manage Activities homepage, then clicking Uncategorized CV Records towards the bottom. You may want to manually re-work this information into Activity Insight.
Showing/Hiding Your Profile
Each faculty member has the option to make his or her profile public on internet or to keep it entirely private. To toggle the On or Off setting:
- Scroll down on your Manage Activities page to the Faculty Profile and click on Manage your Faculty Profile.
- Set Do you want to have a Faculty Profile? to Yes if you wish your profile to be displayed; set it to No if you wish your profile to be hidden.
- Make certain you click Save in the upper right-hand corner to save your selection.
Add the "View My Profile" link on your faculty listing 'card'
Update your photo in Faculty Success so it is visible on your faculty profile
Faculty Profile FAQs
The following are the currently known issues. If you experience any other issues/difficulty using Faculty Success, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
There is currently an issue preventing formatted text to appear properly. If you use the formatting options when editing your Biography, Teaching & Research interests they will not show up as expected on your profile page:
We are aware of this issue more information will be forthcoming.
If all items entered in Work History have an end date, your profile will still show the entry with the most recent end date even if it is in the past.
We are aware of this issue. More information will be forthcoming.
At this time only the following types of data from Faculty Success is displayed on a faculty profile:
Current Term Courses*
Data in this field is not user accessible as it is provided directly from Banner
Notable Courses Taught
User must select course(s) from teaching history (or manually added courses from a previous institution) to be listed).
Honors & Awards
New Feature Requests
We are aware that your profiles may not display your information in the way that you would like. As such we have started compiling new feature request for future updates to the Faculty Profile website.
This list currently includes the following:
Display of Contracts, Grants, Fellowships and Sponsored Research
Display of Notable Publications
Provide Link to Digital Commons entries
Rank ‘Work History’ entries
Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits
Provide choice for publication style (i.e. APA, Chicago, etc.)
Allow Linking to online publications
Display Work History
If you want to suggest a new feature not listed here, please go to the ITS Support Portal and submit a service request detailing your request (screen shots are appreciated).
These will provide a more comprehensive listing of your activities in Faculty Profile. But for now it is suggested that you not try to list these items under the Publications or Honors & Awards fields as you would then be required to correct them once these added fields do become available. Please continue to use the appropriate Faculty Success fields for your data even if they are not displaying at this time.
Please have your Dean or yourself contact your department's Marketing IMM to assist.
Please have your Dean or yourself contact your department's Marketing IMM to assist.
Your displayed name, rank, and prefix are taken directly from Workday. Please contact Human Resources regarding any questions regarding this data.
Please remember that updates in Workday (or Banner) will not be reflected on your profile until the next semester (see note above).
How to Remove or Add Secondary Titles/Jobs (Work History).
Faculty profiles have been designed to show only two (2) roles/titles: 1. Official University Rank and 2. A single user managed job/title.
All user managed titles are pulled from the Work History section in Faculty Success. All faculty members have access to update all 'Work History' items their profile. Having more than one active Work History item may prevent your Official University rank form being displayed.
Please note, that there is no method to ‘delete’ work history items, you can only prevent them from being displayed.
Follow these directions to prevent an incorrect or undesired title/job from being displayed:
- Log into Faculty Success via my.Fairfield
- Click on the Activities button (upper left)
- Under the 'General' section click on Work History
This is a list of all specific jobs that were listed on your resume/CV when it was imported into Faculty Success (formerly Digital Measures).
- Look for and then click on the position the item that is not currently true
- Scroll down to the bottom, to the Start/End Date Fields
- Make sure that all 'End Date' fields are filled out (Month, Day, Year) with a date prior to today.
- Click Save
- That 'Job' will, after about an hour or so, no longer show up on your faculty profile
- Repeat steps 1 - 9 for any other 'Titles' or 'Jobs' that are incorrectly showing up on your faculty profile.
Once all but a single user-managed work history items remains, the official University title will then display on the profile.
Click Add to add another author row
- Click the Up or Down Arrow on the right-hand side to move your record down or another's up.
- You can then select the 1st Author/Primary Author as someone other than yourself.
Only enter the First or Last Name of an Author if the Publication was under the Pen Name or Maiden Name or the Author is not from Fairfield University.
- After having logged into Faculty Success you should have options for all your data separated by categories (General Information, Teaching, Scholarship/Research, Service, Merit Review, Faculty Profile, CV Entry Project).
- Click on the Awards and Honors subheading under ‘General Information’
- Once there you will see all Awards and Honors as individual records.
- Click on any of the records/items that are not currently showing up on your faculty profile.
- You must now choose an item in the drop-down menu labeled ‘Nominated or Received’?
- Click the ‘Save’ button in the upper right of the screen.
- You will return to the list of Awards and Honor records.
- Repeat steps 1 – 7 for each item/record you would like to have displayed on your faculty profile.