Faculty and Staff primary computers are replaced every five years at Fairfield University.
• Full time staff or faculty primary work computer that is five years old or older*.
• Full time staff or faculty primary work computer experiencing significant issues at the discretion of ITS.
*ITS funds the cost of the primary computers only. Accessories are charged to the employee’s department org.
1. ITS evaluates the latest computer equipment and chooses two models by April 1st.
2. A data base report is run from Asset Tracking to compile the list of who is eligible for a new machine.
3. Email communication goes out to each user who is eligible, along with a survey they must complete.
4. ITS reviews survey submissions as they come in. Once funding is dispersed, the large computer order is placed.
5. There is a 4 to 6 week lead time on shipment.
6. New computer installs begin as soon as the equipment arrives. ITS focuses on new faculty as a priority.
7. The computer is assigned to the technician via the ITS ticketing system and the tech will reach to user to setup an install appointment.
*Faculty must be on campus to have their machine installed.
* Part time employees are eligible for a refurbished computer at date of hire.
* Tenure Track Professors and Professors of the Practice are eligible for new computers at the date of hire. Adjunct professors and Visiting Professors are eligible for a refurbished computer at date of hire.