Creating an Outlook 2010/2013/2016 Profile
This article will walk you through setting up an Outlook Profile for an @fairfield.edu Exchange email account, whether it is your Personal or a Resource account for Outlook 2010/2013.
Note: If you wish to get to your mailbox over the internet using the web version of Outlook (Outlook Web App or OWA), go to www.fairfield.edu/mail
If you wish to connect to a resource account using OWA, see Access a Resource Account via Outlook Web Application (OWA)
- Click on the Start Menu, then click on Control Panel and Search for Mail (32-Bit) or Right-click on the Outlook icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click on Show Profiles
- Select Prompt for a profile to be used if it is not already selected and then click Add.
- Enter a name for the profile. You can use your NetID or your name if you are setting up your own mailbox or a resource account name if this is a shared (resource) mailbox. (example: jdoe or accounting). Click OK.
- You will then be directed to the setup screen. Your Name and Email should already be populated if this is a University machine. If not, enter yourNetID@fairfield.edu. If you are setting up a resource account, remove your Email Address and enter the Email Address of the Resource Account such as firstname.lastname@example.org). then Click Next.
- Check the Change account settings box, then click Next.
- Click More Settings, select the Security tab, and check Always prompt for logon credentials. Click OK, then Finish. You should be brought to a screen that confirms your setup is complete.
You are now ready to access the Exchange Email Account you configured:
- Open Outlook
- You will now see your profile name in the Choose Profile box that you made in Step 4
If you have multiple mailboxes, you can click the down arrow to choose the one you wish to log in to at that time. Press OK.
- Use your own username (NetID) and password when you log in to Outlook application.
Make sure that FFLDU as the Domain in the example below. If not, replace enter FFLDU\NETID
Enter your password and click OK.
Technical Assistance Needed?
If you need assistance with any of the above instructions or are having any issues, please contact the ITS4U Help Desk via itshelpdesk.fairfield.edu to submit a ticket or call 203-254-4069.