For instructions on how to forward your @student.fairfield.edu account to another account please click here: Forwarding Gmail Emails
iOS Device Instructions
Please note that you must be on at least iOS 8.3 or higher for setting up new Gmail accounts on iOS devices.
1. Touch the Settings icon on your home screen, then scroll down and touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Touch the Add Account button
3. Select Google from the list of options
4. In the window that appears, fill in:
- Full email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- NetID Password
Select "Sign In"
5. You will see a screen display the following and then you will shortly be directed to a new page
6. You will be redirected to a page that asks you to enter:
- NetID (firstname.lastname)
- NetID Password
Check the box that says "Remember Me"
7. Click Accept on the next page (by doing so, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and allowing iOS to access your information)
7. Once you successfully make the connection to the Gmail server, you will see a screen with options available, which would give you the ability to sync your student Gmail account Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes. The options automatically turned on are Mail and Notes. By default, these are populated with the same information that exists in your Gmail account. You can turn any of these on or off as you choose (aside from the Mail option).
Touch the Save button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and, after the configuration is completed, you will be returned to the Settings screen. At this point, you can press your home button and launch the Mail application to read access your University Gmail account.
Android Device Instructions
- Locate and enter the Gmail app
- Select "Add an email address"
- Select "Google"
- Type in "[YourNetID]@student.fairfield.edu" for the email address
- When redirected, sign in with your NetID and password
Now that the process is complete, you can navigate to the Gmail app. By default, the app automatically shows your personal Gmail account. In order to show your Fairfield Gmail inbox, select “Inbox” and choose your Fairfield University email address. Now the inbox on your phone will show your Fairfield University emails, and will notify you when you receive new messages. You can easily switch between accounts by clicking your email on the top of the app and choosing a different inbox.