Setting Up Outlook 2016 to Connect to an @fairfield.edu Mail Account
The following procedure describes the simple steps to setting up an Outlook profile from any location with Internet access.
Open Outlook 2016
If you’ve never launched the program before, you will see an introductory splash screen to Add an Account, click Exchange.
- If you have already launched Outlook, you will see a different start screen. Click Outlook on the Menu Bar, then Preferences, then Accounts.
- Click Add Email Account.
- In the window that appears below, enter the following information:
- Click the Add Account button and wait for your configuration to complete (this could take up to a minute or two). When the setup is complete, you’ll be at the Accounts window. Please wait till the Email Account has a Green light next to it. This will indicate that the account has been connected successfully.
- If you have set up a resource account, please go to Outlook menu and choose Preferences. Then click on the General icon. Make sure that under Folder lists the box labeled 'Group similar folders, such as inboxes, from different accounts' is unchecked.
- Go to Outlook menu>Preferences>Accounts>[user account]>Advanced and add venus.univ.fairfield.edu or rattler.univ.fairfield.edu as the directory server.