The Non-Employee NetID Account Request Workflow process is used to request a NetID account for a person who needs resources on the Fairfield University network but who:
does not already have a NetID in our system - If you are not sure if the person already has a NetID, please contact the ITS4UHelp Desk at ext. 4069.
will not soon become a paid employee - If the person will soon become a paid employee at the university, their accounts will be created automatically when their job is entered into Banner by Human Resources, so this process should not be followed.
is a consultant, vendor, volunteer, Jesuit resident, or other person who is not paid through Human Resources;
is not currently or recently a paid employee or student (since they will already have a NetID).
- Requests for NetID accounts for non-employees must be submitted by a Fairfield University manager or higher level employee.
- Accounts for non-employees are to be used for business purposes only and may be restricted to actual working hours and specific work locations.
- Please note that accounts will be disabled on the end date requested (1 year maximum) but can be renewed. Accounts and associated data will be deleted 1 month after the final expiration date.
If the applicant stops working for you before the end date specified, it is the manager’s responsibility to contact the Help Desk as soon as possible to remove their computer access.
- Any questions regarding this form should be directed to the Help Desk at ext. 4069 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) From the Work Dashboard tab, click on Make a Process Request.
3) Click on Continue
4) Click on Non-Employee Creation Request
5) Fill out the form completely (* denotes a required field). Please note that you must include the applicants full legal name and birthdate, as verified by you on a license, passport, or other government-issued form of ID. Nicknames are not allowed. We need the applicants home address. A copy of the legal form of identification may be requested during the NetID approval process. If the applicant will not have a phone/building/room on campus, just enter N/A in those fields. If the applicant lives in a country that does not use a zip/postal code, please enter 5 zero’s (00000).
6) Press the Submit button when the form is completed.
7) You will get the following message when your request has been successfully submitted.
8) Click the Close button if you are done. If you wish to submit another request, click the Back to Make a Process Request button.