- Does Fairfield University supply computers?
Fairfield University does not supply computers, however we have negotiated discount pricing with HP and Apple. Click here to see purchase information
- What kind of computer should I buy?
Fairfield has no specific requirements of what kind of computer you should buy. We recommend a minimum of 4 GB of RAM for computers and the latest version of the operating system.
- What is better Apple or Windows?
There is no functional difference between Apple or Windows, it is a matter of personal preference.
- What computer does my school recommend (i.e. School of Business?)
Please check with your specific schools
Dolan School of Business: Windows (Business Standard)
School of Engineering: Windows
- Will I get a discount if I buy through Fairfield University?
Yes, visit my.fairfield >buy a computer. Additional repair support is provided.
- When will I receive my computer?
Please check with the vendor that you bought it from. We recommend having your computer shipped to your home and discourage shipping directly to campus.
- If I buy an iPad, do I also need a computer?
This is a matter of personal preference, however an iPad is not considered to be a functional replacement for a computer.
- Does Fairfield University have a loaner program?
Fairfield does not provide loaner computers. Instead, it is recommended that lab computers are used. Labs are located throughout campus.
- Should I buy the warranty?
Fairfield recommends purchasing an extended manufacturer warranty. The accidental protection plan is strongly recommended as it covers damage done by the user (i.e. spilled water, dropped, cracked screen, etc.). Apple does not provide accidental insurance, but look on website for two vendors that do. (SquareTrade, National Student Service)