When you visit websites, temporary internet files and cookies are stored on your computer. These stored files can help access information faster but can affect your browser's functionality.
ITS recommends that you periodically clear the cache and cookies to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Internet Options>Delete... and check off all of the boxes and select Delete
- Select Apply, then OK
- Close and restart Internet Explorer
- Launch Safari
- Select History in the top toolbar
- Select Clear History from this menu
- Select the pop-up menu and choose to clear all history
- Close and restart Safari
- Launch Firefox
- Select the Menu button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left
- Click the Clear Now button under the Cached Web Content section.
- Close and restart Firefox
- Launch Google Chrome
- Select the More button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select More tools>Clear browsing data...
- Select the All time option from the Time range drop down menu
- Check off all of the options under the Basic and Advanced tabs
- Select the Clear Data option
- Close and restart Google Chrome