Blackboard Login Page and Process Change
Fairfield University has updated its Blackboard login page and login process.
Here are steps of what you need to know going forward with this option. This will work similarly to the process or accessing Blackboard from my.fairfield.edu for a more streamlined and secure process for all.
From my.fairfield.edu – already exists with the update (Recommended from Desktops and Laptops)
- Access Blackboard from my.fairfield.edu and login with your NetID and password and select Blackboard. You may be prompted again for your NetID and password.
- This requires Duo 2FA for Faculty and Staff accounts. https://wiki.fairfield.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40501283
New – If still using the Blackboard Login Page - https://fairfield.blackboard.com
- Go to https://fairfield.blackboard.com (from a browser – Chrome, Firefox)
- You will be taken to the new login page that looks like below.
- Select the Fairfield Student/Faculty/Staff Login option of the two options.
- You will be sent to the NetID Login page like below.
- You may be prompted for Dual Factor Authentication (Duo 2FA) (Faculty and Staff accounts).
- You can follow these prompts if you have any issues for logging in/troubleshooting.
- DUO Introduction – https://wiki.fairfield.edu:8443/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40501269
- DUO 2FA Enrollment – https://wiki.fairfield.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40501283
- DUO 2FA Troubleshooting – https://wiki.fairfield.edu/display/ITSKB/DUO+Troubleshooting
- Mobile - For Blackboard Apps on a mobile device, Fairfield University and do the same as above.
- Note, if on the Blackboard App and a message indicates an OS Issue, click Skip for DUO.
- Once, you login and confirm DUO options, you will be logged in successfully to Blackboard.
- You will be brought to the Blackboard Institution Page (like below).