For additional information and instructions regarding Office 365, go to the Office 365 for Students.
After installing Microsoft Office and launching any Microsoft Office application, during the authentication process, you receive a notification that says, "There is a problem with your account. Please try again later." See image below:
This happens because the default keychain will not trust Fairfield University's sign-in (authentication) page.
This is a known issue between Apple and many university authentication systems.
Using *SAFARI* only you must allow the certificate prior to using Office 2016 for Mac with Office 365 with Fairfield University.
- Go to office365.fairfield.edu in Safari
- You will be prompted with this Certificate error. Click Show Certificate
- Click the right-facing triangle next to Trust to expand it
- In the Dropdown for "When using this certificate", select Always Trust.
- You will then be prompted for your computer password. Enter it, then click Update Settings.
- You will be brought to the Single-Sign-On page correctly. Enter your NetID and Password. Remove the @fairfield.edu when prompted and enter your only your NetID and password.
- You are all set! You can now access Office 365 and download and install Office 2016.